- Tresa Galentine on Profile of a Professional West African Mask-Maker
- Counter strike on What’s New and Exciting at Lotus Masks?
- Ralph Thompson on Learn 7 Words in West African Languages
- Michelle on Why African Masks Make Great Gifts; Top 10 “Giftable” Masks
- motorcade on What’s New and Exciting at Lotus Masks?
Tag Archives: African Tribes
Do you love the masks of Lotus Masks & World Imports and have a trip to Africa planned in the near future? If so, here are some tips for some great places to check out. Africa is an extremely diverse … Continue reading
There are six major ethnic groups in Ghana: Ashanti, Ewe, Guma, Guan, Mole-Dagbani and Ga-Adangbe. The Ashanti people are the largest and their chief crafts are African mask and African statue making, woodwork and weaving. They are noted for their … Continue reading
The most dominant form of Ivorian art is the African mask. Of the over sixty ethnic groups in Ivory Coast, the most popular masks are made by the Baoule, the Senuofo, the Dan and the Guro. Because quite a number … Continue reading